1. Discuss the changes of age of onset of puberty for males and females over the past 100 years, and discuss the implications of these changes.
2. What was the Oneida Community and its significance for human sexuality? (essay 2)
3. Discuss the pros and cons of transsexual surgery. (essay 3)
4. A transvestite’s wife has just learned of his cross-dressing. They both come to you—she is upset and he, defensive. How would you handle this situation? (essay 4)
5. Discuss the pros and cons of working with a surrogate in sex therapy. (essay 5)
6. A 35-year-old man has been arrested for having intercourse with his 13-year-old daughter. The court has sent him to you. The intercourse took place with the mother’s knowledge and the daughter’s consent. How do you handle the situation? (essay 6)
7. You are asked to be an expert witness for a lesbian mother, fighting for custody of her 11 year-old daughter. The mother is currently living with her female lover and daughter. But for her lesbianism you can assume she would be granted custody. How would you argue her case?
8. Explain the assumptions behind American laws concerning “sexual psychopaths” and discuss whether these assumptions are valid in light of current sexological knowledge. (essay 8)
9. What kinds of sexually explicit films still need to be made? (essay 9)
10. Compare and contrast mating patterns amongst gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans and bonobos. What might these imply about the sexual behavior of ancestral humans? (essay 10)